Bowls

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bowls
Bowls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who will win the spl??

+2
G
shadda
6 posters

Go down

who will win the spl?? Empty who will win the spl??

Post  shadda Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:32 pm

any opinions???? can celtic hold on to there 3 point lead??? will rangers find the form they r lookin for????will boyd kill smith???lol
shadda
shadda

Back to top Go down

who will win the spl?? Empty Re: who will win the spl??

Post  G Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 pm

if boyd starts playing, we will win.

cheers
G
G
Admin

https://rockbc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenRanger Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:50 pm

shadda wrote:any opinions???? can celtic hold on to there 3 point lead??? will rangers find the form they r lookin for????will boyd kill smith???lol
Will Smith kill Rangers is closer the mark No
GreenRanger
GreenRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  v.s.l Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:08 pm

its not smiths fault that your big game players fail to turn up for a cup final is it
ie mendes,davis,ferguson and millar where were you guys in the real lean years,
thats the problem here your all too used to winning Sad Sad affraid
v.s.l
v.s.l

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hippo Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Not Smiths fault. FFS vsl, who puts the duffers out on the park?

Ferguson has been hyped up for too long and deserves to be 'rested'. Once again Mendes doesn't show on the big game, and it is Smith who has decided he can make a holding midfielder out of McCulloch, because he duff at centre-half and at his own position, Left Midfield. This all goes on, when we already have a recognised holding midfielder in Brahim Hemdani, who can play the position and even though he was not the most accomplished and stylish of players, 9 times out of 10 he got the job done and it was Smith that resigned him to the reserves and the Ibrox scrap heap.

Smith was also the 1 in these times of financial uncertainty to splash out on players like Lafferty, Velicka, Edu, and gave Charlie Adam a new contract along with Chris Burke, but the most baffling of all was the decision to sign Andy Webster and then put him straight out on loan.

He was also the 1 who decided Christian Dailly was suitable for inclusion on Sunday, after his last game for the 1st team being against Kaunas. Beggars belief where he got that 1 from, and it is now becoming common place that Smith will always change his formation or have a surprise inclusion for the game against the mhanks.

The list goes on, but I lay the blame fair and square at Walter Smiths door.

And another point (its a well known fact that I've never been a big Barry ma baw fan) but until he leaves the club we will never move on. I cannot believe the difference in the style of the football since the start of the season when we were a forward going team with Kevin Thomson playing the holding role and allowing Mendes his freedom to move forward, and now that we have Barry back in the team, we're not so much as going forward but going sidey ways. DEATH BY SQUARE BALLS Evil or Very Mad People argued with me at the game on Sunday saying that they thought Barry played well. Running about for 120 minutes and playing with a couple of knocks in my book does not constitute someone having a good game. The problem when playing McCulloch as a holding midfielder is that Barry also wants to play that position (as he always did, and seen the demise of the previous manager because of it) so when that is the case, we have 2 guys sitting 5 yards in front of our back 4, and no-one in front of them to actually create anything and get up and support our lone striker Evil or Very Mad

RANT OVER! WATP!
The Hippo
The Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  v.s.l Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:26 pm

hold on boulder ease up a bit,trust you,ll be sitting with your hands firmly in your pockets if and i say if barry and walter deliver the title and the scottish cup.
think the loss of boughera and the mare from mendes effectively cost us the game on sunday and who knows we might have landed the treble if these two had played.
rangers fans renown themselves to be loyal and true but as soon as the going gets tough the vile insults start on football phone ins and forums and sometimes makes me personally feel ashamed to be a true blue.
v.s.l
v.s.l

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hippo Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Would be delighted if they won the league and that is what I pay my money year on year to hopefully see, but at the end of the day there is no getting away from the fact that both Rangers & Celtc are doss and are serving up muck on a weekly basis. Big but is though, would it just be papering over the cracks, with everyone thinking its all hunky dorey if we do win the league. Can see a large decrease in season ticket renewals next season due to the style of play, and lack of entertainment value that the whole of scottish football is laying on week in week out, and personally I can't see it getting better any time soon.
The Hippo
The Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenRanger Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:20 am

v.s.l wrote:its not smiths fault that your big game players fail to turn up for a cup final is it
ie mendes,davis,ferguson and millar where were you guys in the real lean years,
thats the problem here your all too used to winning Sad Sad affraid
Smith was the one that left Aaron, Fleck, Naismith, Beasley to name a few sitting in the stands and Edu on the bench and plays Christian f****** Dailly and Lee McCulloch give us a break . Plus to answer ur last question I was there in the bad old days when we were playing a lot worse than we r now.
GreenRanger
GreenRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  v.s.l Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:14 am

some were there in the " bad old days" and are still there now loyal or daft you decide.
too many gers supporters were brought up in the great days of 9 in a row {arise sir walter}
and are not used to seeing there team struggle,hopefully we can ride the storm and bring this great club back off its knees and that will only happen if we support the club through thick and thin Wink
v.s.l
v.s.l

Back to top Go down

Post  joebones Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:32 am

If we lose the league mate, Smith must go.
End of.
9 in a row was brilliant, it was 10 years ago now though.
As for supporting them through thick and thin, I guarentee season ticket renewals are well down this year.
Plenty of threads on FF about it. 500 quid for the dross that the SPL (not just us) serves up?
Most folk are going to have a long, hard think when the renewal forms come through.
joebones
joebones

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hippo Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:09 pm

joebones wrote:Most folk are going to have a long, hard think when the renewal forms come through.

Me being 1 of them. Thought long and hard last season, but ended up renewing the season ticket.

Couple of things really got to me last year, and the ticket distribution for the UEFA Cup still sticks in my throat and the £1000 ticket debacle, with the number of guys that couldn't find their way to Ibrox getting tickets before those that have been there year in year out. That was also compounded by their decision to allocate every travel club member a ticket. Now I don't have an issue with that, but surely a bit of thought could have went into it, as there were people that pay Rangers £10 a season, to be members of the TC (for a yearly jaunt abroad) and that could be their sole contribution throughout the season. Had 2 chances of a ticket for the game, and neither of the season tickets (even though both were on the CCCS) got a sniff.

Also the style of football that we have been watching for the last couple of season has been dire as mentioned previously. I know it's in my blood and all that, but I thought you went to the football to be entertained, whereas it now seems more a weekly venting of anger and aggression at the lack of heart, fight and ability being portrayed from the top to the bottom within the club. How many times have we said, "Great chance today to get stuck in and cement our position (Aberdeen & ICT spring to mind)" but then we get 90 minutes of lacklustre and uninspiring square balls within nowt to show fr it at the end of the day.

Being going to watch the gers for more than 20 years now (pre-Souness) and even though vsl says he was there through the bad old days, I bet you there were 11 more guys out on that park every week in they days that wanted to & probably deserved to wear the blue of the Rangers than the current crop of players.
The Hippo
The Hippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum